MDAC works with various state and federal organizations to analyze the services and treatment of disabled populations. This work includes the first comprehensive examination of discrimination in the rental housing market against people with mental disabilities, specifically focusing on people with mental illness (MI) and those with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD). Through our work with various government agencies, we have identified the impact of paratransit services, assisted with conducting the National Core Indicators Consumer Survey Project, collected data regarding emergency preparedness among service-seeking populations, and analyzed the services and treatment of the disabled populations. MDAC is experienced in collecting data from hard-to-reach and underrepresented populations such as the MI and I/DD communities. We can help your company understand the unique needs of the disabled population and give you dynamic solutions to create better delivery of service.
- Examine Discrimination:
- Learn how disabled populations are treated during service to ensure equal treatment and fairness.
- Determine Future Planning Efforts
- Investigate the effects of disasters on disabled individuals and receive suggestions to aid in emergency preparedness.
- Encourage and Support Member Agencies
- Measure the success of programs and set performance standards that will help achieve benchmark goals.
- Increase Quality of Services
- Utilize participant surveys to shape services and recognize areas of deficiency is quality.
DISABILITY RESEARCH CAPABILITIES
- Telephone surveys
- Intercept & on-board surveys
- Mail and web-based surveys
- Address based sampling
- Analysis of cost-effectiveness data, including fare policy and demand estimation studies
- Improving State-Funded Services For the Developmentally Disabled in Maryland
- Providing Fair Rental Housing for the Mentally Disabled
- Improving the Performance of State-Funded Services to the Developmentally Disabled in the District of Columbia
LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE OTHER PRACTICE AREAS
Ready to partner with us?